Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Post Number 500!!


1970 Shelby GT 500
Originally uploaded by B's place
It’s time to celebrate!!!

I cannot believe it myself but I have reached entry number 500 at Transit in Utah.

I started this blog way back in August of 2005 as a way to talk about the issues that pertain to the Utah Transit Authority.

Over the past couple of years Transit in Utah has evolved. After reading other transit related blogs over the last couple of years I have been able to take ideas from those and adapt them to Transit in Utah. Transit Miami has been a big influence on what Transit in Utah is becoming.

I have always had an interest in Urban Planning and know that good planning is critically important to the success of a city and a transit system. I am trying to put some of that information into the blog.

Thank you to all my loyal readers and those who just stop by now and again. I hope you have been enjoying the blog and will continue to do so.

One last thing, I know that some pro-highway people try to portray transit supporters as anti-car. Well just to show that is not true the picture is one of my dream cars and of course keeping with the theme it is a 1970 Shelby GT 500. I would not argue if this was in my carport on Christmas Day but transit would still be my choice.

No comments: