Thursday, July 12, 2007

Rainer Huck and his wrongness....

Huck For Mayor

Talk about a guy is so wrong it is laughable. Look under his ideas for transportation and you will see that this guy is against people having freedom to choose what transportation they want and he uses blatant lies to support his contentions.

Lie Number 1: Roads support themselves transit doesn't.

Only if you listen to the road warriors. But here is something that is not factored in there: State Patrol, Local Roads, Police, Fire that handle the accidents and that is just the start. Plus where is the money going to come from to repair all the roads that are getting in such bad shape? Not from the Highway Trust Fund because it can't handle all the needs.

Lie Number 2: Transit increases terrorist activity.

Excuse me, but what was used in Oklahoma City? What is being used in Iraq against our troops? Last time I check its motor vehicles. The truth is that cars are so prevalent that they are much more dangerous than transit.

Lie Number 3: Transit is more dangerous because of infectious diseases.

Oh give me a break this guy is insane!! Unless you are going to sit in your home and avoid all human contact then you have a danger of catching a disease. Give me a break. Ever go into a store? Ever go to a movie? Ever go to work?

Then he tries to came environmentalist want to stop people from having cars. Darn he did not say transit advocates so I could make that lie number 4. After all, I am a transit advocate but I don't hate cars. But transit provides a needed alternative to the car. I have the freedom to choose how I travel while Huck would take that freedom away. Cars? I like cars, in fact I would love to have a 1970 Shelby Mustang GT500KR Convertible or a 1959 Cadillac El Dorado Biaritz Convertible in my garage any day.

Oh well, in '99 we had Dr. Ken Larson running and his extremism, I guess we have another this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Huck is indeed a good source of entertainment. When he passes they should examine his brain to learn what makes a a developer gone mad tick. I imagine that he has cut down all of the trees in his yard because they shed leaves, and shelter environmentalist birds.