Image via Wikipedia
Come Join us at the State Fair!
Our construction team for the West Valley and Airport TRAX Lines has partnered with UTA and local businesses to host a booth today through Sunday. We will be on hand to answer questions about construction and upcoming events. Look for us near the rodeo grounds – and don’t forget to dunk our contractors.
Construction continues on the West Valley TRAX Line. To keep business and traffic impacts to a minimum, this five-mile project has been separated into seven construction “reaches,” or segments, for management and planning purposes.
A description of what is happening in each area is listed below. If you need further construction information, please call our toll-free 24-hour hotline at (888) 800-8854.
Reach Description: Reach 1 is the area along Constitution Boulevard (2700 West) from West Valley City Hall at 3600 South, extending north to 3100 South. This area includes both large and small businesses, as well as many residents. Access to all businesses and residences will be maintained.
· Work continues on the station canopy at West Valley City Hall as crews install wiring, lighting and masonry.
Reach Description: Reach 2 is the area along 3100 South from Constitution Boulevard to Decker Lake Drive. The Maverik Center and a few other businesses are located in this reach, as well as residents on either side of 3100 South. Access will be maintained throughout construction and we will coordinate our efforts with the Maverik Center so you can continue to visit their great events. When TRAX is completed along 3100 South, it will operate on the south side of the roadway.
· Work continues at the station platform located at Decker Lake Drive and 3100 South.
· Curb and sidewalk work also continues in this area.
Reach Description: Reach 3 is the area along Decker Lake Drive from 3100 South to Research Way (2770 South) and east to Redwood Road. This area includes many commercial office buildings with thousands of employees. We will continue to work with businesses to ensure access is maintained.
· Crews continue to work on the track and the station located in the middle of Research Way.
· Work is also taking place on the traffic signal arms at Redwood Road and Research Way.
Reach Description: Reach 4 runs through the Chesterfield residential area along 2770 South and along the Decker Lake Canal and the Crosstowne Trail. We will work with residents to ensure a safe working environment that provides access to their properties throughout construction.
· Significant work has been accomplished in the Chesterfield area. Crews continue to work on various items throughout this reach.
Reach Description: Reach 5 includes construction along 1070 West in the Chesterfield industrial area. This reach includes one bridge structure over the Jordan River and another over 900 West.
· Work will continue to take place along the center of 1070 West throughout the summer months.
· Work also continues on the Jordan River Bridge and tunnel.
· The intersection at 2320 South and 1070 West is scheduled to temporarily close on Saturday, Sept. 18 through Sunday, Sept. 19, so crews can place the final layer of asphalt in this area. Detours will be implemented around this intersection during this closure. More information will be given to businesses as we get closer to this work.
Reach Description: Reach 6 runs through the Union Pacific Railroad’s Roper Yard area. Although there are no businesses and residents, extensive coordination will take place to ensure that freight deliveries and other train travel is maintained. Reach 6 includes an extensive bridging system that will allow TRAX to operate over other train traffic.
· Progress continues on the TRAX bridge structures over 900 West at approximately 2200 South and also at the Union Pacific Railroad Roper Yard area.
· Work is also taking place on the overhead electric system.
Reach Description: Reach 7 is the area where the West Valley TRAX Line will connect with the current north/south line. Construction is taking place along Andy Avenue in South Salt Lake. Crews will closely coordinate activities with businesses to ensure access is maintained.
· Track work continues along Andy Avenue near 300 West in South Salt Lake City.
· Crews are currently installing track along the east side of 300 West near the North/South TRAX Line.
Access during Construction
UTA is committed to maintaining 24-hour access to all businesses and residences along the construction corridor. We will coordinate with businesses in cases where access may be temporarily limited.
Construction on the project is permitted to take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Additionally, specific activities may require different working hours depending upon conditions and will be coordinated with city officials.
If you are interested in learning more about the construction project, please call our toll-free 24-hour hotline at (888) 800-8854.
For More Information
Timely and helpful information is available to assist business and residential communities, as well as commuters and stakeholders.
If you have questions or comments, please contact our toll-free 24-hour hotline at (888) 800-8854 or e-mail email@example.com. You can also visit UTA’s Web site at www.rideuta.com.