While I have not had the opportunity to ride these cars yet (San Diego and Portland use them), I have heard good things about these from people in the Portland area. The down falls of low floor buses don't seem to apply to low floor rail vehicles. Sadly I will not be able to make this debut on Friday.
UTA to Debut New Light Rail Vehicles
What: UTA will introduce its new S70 light rail vehicles with an inaugural public ride on a new section of the Mid-Jordan TRAX line.
When: Friday, June 18, 10 a.m.
Where: 5600 West park and ride lot, Mid-Jordan TRAX line
5651 West Old Bingham Highway, West Jordan
Directions: Go west on 9000 South to 4800 West, then south to Old Bingham Highway and west to 5600 West
· UTA has ordered 77 new light rail vehicles for its four new light rail lines: Airport, Draper, Mid-Jordan and West Valley
· New vehicles began arriving in March and are being tested on the newly completed Daybreak section of the Mid-Jordan TRAX line
· S70 light rail vehicles have low floors for platform-level boarding
· Doorways have deployable boarding ramps for greater accessibility
· The new vehicles are expected to first enter service in 2011