Tuesday, July 24, 2007

UTA service on Pioneer Day...

Today was Pioneer Day so UTA ran Sunday bus service. While that was nice for its drivers what about its customers?

I don't know about you, but a majority of the people I know still had to work today except for two people and one works for the state and the other runs his own business like I do so he took the day off.

However, I know many people who had to work today because their companies don't recogize it as a holiday because their based outside Utah. Even though my wife works for a company based in Salt Lake City her company still worked today because a majority of the companies they do business with are based outside Utah.

So many of these people who had to work today had to drive or get rides since there was almost no bus service. Once again UTA does not take their customers into account when making decisions.

It seems like UTA assumes that everyone should have the day off. However, it is mostly the state and church employees who have it off, not a majority of the population. UTA needs to start taking these things into account.

1 comment:

google_PEAK_OIL said...

My daily 5 mile on foot portion of my round trip commute was stretched to 7 miles today for lack of a bus. What's worse, my wife and kid had to drive into the mess that was Salt Lake City today to attend some July 24th event. If anything, they should extend (and heavily promote) bus service on the 24th in order to alleviate the gridlock nightmare that is downtown Salt Lake on Pioneer Day.